Reflections Imaging Website

Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Southwest Colorado Trip

Well it's been awhile since I posted. Since the last post I did a show up in Estes Park in September. Had a great time but the show was a little slow for all of the artists that exhibited.

The last week of September and the first week of October I took 10 days and traveled down to the Southwest part of Colorado. Aspen trees were turning color. In the Aspen, Colorado area they were at or just past peak. I spent a day shooting in and around Aspen. Shot the Maroon Bells at dawn and then traveled the back roads for the next several hours.

Then it was on to the Montrose/Ridgeway/Ouray area for the next week. Each day I was out before dawn and kept shooting until dark. Got some amazing images that you can see in the new gallery on my website, www.reflectionsimaging.com. The gallery is labeled Southwest Colorado.


On my last evening I wanted to shoot the Sneffels Range and Dallas Divide from a different perspective. I got to my spot as rain showers started to move through the area. This time of year should have had snow hitting the peaks but it had been unseasonably warm. But patience was rewarded with a rainbow. This shot is looking southeast. The peaks in the sun on the left are Chimney Rock on the Courthouse Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment